Dr Makdisi Press conference "Chemical Weapon Won’t Be Used Unless in Cas…

 Foreign and Expatriates Ministry on Monday stressed Syria’s stance that any chemical or biological weapons will never ever be used during the crisis in Syria notwithstanding the developments inside the country. 
A statement by the Ministry, read by spokesman Dr. Jihad Makdissi in a press conference, said that such weapons stocks are secured and directly monitored by the Syrian Armed Forces and would only be used in the case of external aggression on the country.
The Ministry made clear that it has followed with concern the proceedings of the political and media campaign directed against Syria, stressing that this campaign aims at justifying any possible military intervention on Syria under the false claim that Damascus is using weapons of mass destruction and preparing the international public opinion for such an intervention.
“The Foreign and Expatriates Ministry has previously declared the content and details of this stance to countries which expressed concern that unconventional weapons would reach a third part,” the statement added.
The Ministry, at the same time, warned of “another matter of concern” regarding the possibility of supplying the terrorist groups in Syria with arms from abroad in light of “the increasing bankruptcy”.
It said the aim of such possibility is “to hit the political system in Syria through using tactical bombs or mines containing biological substances that would explode somewhere in a village and then accusing the Syrian forces of doing that.”
The statement reiterated the Ministry’s stress that this systematic political and media campaign will not at all avail to help Syria overcome its crisis.
The Ministry admonished those countries claiming concern for Syria and the Syrians “to spare their efforts and negative media campaigns to persuading those whom they back, host, fund and arm to abide by a political solution to the crisis” according to the plan of the international envoy Kofi Annan.
Answering a question on the recent events taking place in some of Damascus neighborhoods, Makdissi said that “It is clear that the Syrian army is defending the Syrians and that we are in state of self-defense. There might be clashes in certain areas but the security situation is much more better.”
He added that the state will respond to those who carry weapons in the same way, stressing that doors are open those who call for dialogue and adopt political solution.
Makdissi assured those who left their houses that it is an urgent situation that will not last for more than two days before everything is back to normal, adding that Damascus Governorate is cooperating with charity organizations to provide help for those people.
Regarding news on armed terrorist groups taking control of border crossings withTurkey and Iraq, Makdissi said that the last to be liberated are two border crossings which were already abandoned and out of service since last June.
Commenting on the statement of the Arab Ministerial Committee in Doha, Makdissi said that changing Annan’s mission is not at the hands of the Arabs, underlining that talking about transitional power system constitutes a flagrant interference in the internal affairs of a sovereign state.
Makdissi regretted the Arab League immoral way in dealing with a founding state and instead of helping Syria, they are complicating more the situation.
He said that the Syrian people is the one to decide the future of country and the decisive factor is the ballot boxes and sitting down for dialogue serving Syria’s interests and not others’.
Makdissi said that “If these Arab countries are honest in their keenness on the Syrian blood, then they should stop arming and instigating against Syria because these acts can’t contribute to overcoming the crisis in peaceful ways.”
He added that this alleged keenness of these Arab countries is fake and proves their political hypocrisy. As for the statements of the Russian ambassador in Paris, Makdissi stressed that the Russian diplomat is to clarify his statements not the Syrian Foreign Ministry, adding that “We agreed on a political process within Annan’s plan which was approved by the UN Security Council. We agreed on a political process led by Syria and the Syrians.”
He highlighted that Syria didn’t demand Annan’s mission, but the international community pretended it wanted to help Syria, “Shifting or amending Annan’s plan is entrusted to the UN Security Council,” he said.
Makdissi underscored that the obstacles hindering Annan’s plan are made by the sides which are funding, arming and talking about weapons of mass destruction (WMD) and making preludes for things that will not happen.
Answering a question on the external political escalation which synchronies with a visit of the US Secretary of Defense to Israel to discuss the possibility of targeting the sites of the Syrian weapons, Makdissi said that “Even though I don’t know the agenda of the visit, but the reasons can’t be good. Anyway, I told you that they are making a media and political campaign, we are defending ourselves. If there are such weapons, they are for defending Syria against external aggression. Any military person knows that such weapons can’t be used in a guerilla warfare.”
On the possibility of a comprehensive war taking place in the region in case Israel decided to bombard the sites of the chemical weapons in Syria, Makdissi said “Don’t ask a diplomat about a war option, I don’t talk about a war and, God’s willing, there will not be a war.”
عقبت وزارة الخارجية والمغتربين في بيان لها على تعاطي بعض وسائل الإعلام السلبي مع مضمون بيانها السابق حول الحملة الإعلامية المبرمجة التي تستهدف سورية لتحضير الرأي العام الدولي لامكانية تدخل عسكري تحت شعار اكذوبة اسلحة الدمار الشامل وإخراجه المتعمد عن سياقه عبر تصويره على أنه إعلان لامتلاك أسلحة غير تقليدية من قبل الجمهورية العربية السورية.
وأوضحت الوزارة “إن الهدف من البيان الصحفي و المؤتمر الصحفي أساساً لم يكن للإعلان بل كان للرد على حملة إعلامية مبرمجة تستهدف سورية لتحضير الرأي العام الدولي لإمكانية تدخل عسكري تحت شعار أكذوبة أسلحة الدمار الشامل واحتمال استخدامها في الداخل السوري ضد الجماعات الإرهابية المسلحة أو المدنيين أو احتمال نقلها لطرف ثالث”.
وجاء في بيان الوزارة ” إننا إذ نؤكد أن هذه الإدعاءات باطلة جملة و تفصيلاً إلا أننا لا نتجاهل خطورتها لأن الجهات التي تبرمج هذه الحملة في الصحافة العالمية هي ذات الجهات التي تتولى التجييش ضد سورية في الإعلام و المحافل الدولية و هي ذات الجهات التي فبركت أكذوبة أسلحة الدمار الشامل العراقية التي تبين زيفها لاحقاً مضيفة إن بيان وزارة الخارجية و تصريحات الناطق الرسمي جاءت بإطار شرح الخطوط العامة للسياسة الدفاعية للدولة تعقيباً على افتراضات و اتهامات إعلامية باطلة “.
واكدت الوزارة على ضرورة توخي الدقة و المهنية في تغطية الاخبار المتعلقة بالشأن السوري ووضعها في الإطار الصحيح لها.
20120723-190126.jpg
وكان الناطق باسم وزارة الخارجية والمغتربين الدكتور جهاد مقدسي قال رداً على سؤال بشأن التطورات التى شهدتها بعض أحياء دمشق وضواحيها.. أنه لا يخفى على أحد أن الجيش العربى السوري حالياً هو بحالة دفاع عن السوريين فنحن بحالة دفاع عن النفس وقد يحصل اشتباك فى أحياء معينة لكن حالياً الوضع الأمني أفضل بكثير ونطمئن الجميع أنه فى النهاية كل من يحمل السلاح ضد الدولة لا يمكن أن ترد عليه إلا بذات الطريقة وكل من يدعو إلى الحوار ويتبنى الحل السياسي فإن الأبواب مفتوحة أمامه.
وتابع مقدسي إذا قرأنا إعلامهم نرى أنهم يقولون إنها “معركة دمشق الكبرى” فكيف يود الناس أن نجابه “معركة دمشق الكبرى” فلذلك نواجهها بطريقة عسكرية ضد من هو مسلح وإن خرج بعض المدنيين من منازلهم ونحن نعلم ذلك حيث إن محافظة دمشق والجمعيات الخيرية وبعض فعاليات المجتمع المدني يقومون بمساعدة هؤلاء الناس وهو أمر لسنا فرحين به بل هو أمر طارىء ولن يطول أكثر من يوم أو يومين وستعود الأمور إلى طبيعتها.. وكل من يتابع الإعلام السوري يستطيع رؤية من يتم القبض عليهم وكل العمليات النوعية التى تجرى هدفها إحلال السلام.
وأشار مقدسى رداً على سؤال حول سيطرة المجموعات الارهابية المسلحة على بعض المعابر الحدودية مع تركيا والعراق إلى أن معبرين خرجا عن السيطرة وهذه المعابر أساساً معزولة ومتروكة منذ بداية حزيران الماضى وهى غير مستخدمة وقال “من السهل إرسال بعض المسلحين للسيطرة على حاجز فالمعبر بالنهاية ليس ثكنة عسكرية بل هو حاجز وإن كان فعالاً يكون فيه بعض الحرس وإن لم يكن فعالاً يدخلونه لأنه أساساً مغلق من الجانبين.. أما دخوله من عدمه فهو أمر يمكن أن يحصل لكن أن يستمروا بالسيطرة عليه فهو أمر آخر.
وأضاف مقدسي رداً على سؤال حول البيان الذى صدر عن اجتماع اللجنة الوزارية العربية فى الدوحة أمس بشأن تغيير مهمة المبعوث الدولى كوفى عنان والانتقال السلمي للسلطة.. إن تغيير مهمة عنان ليس بيد الوزراء العرب وهي أمنيات يطرحونها في مركز الاجتماعات تحت عنوان كبير اسمه النفاق السياسي أولاً .. ومن حيث المبدأ البيان الذى يتحدث عن سلطة انتقالية هو تدخل سافر بالشؤون الداخلية لدولة ذات سيادة مثل سورية وهي دولة مؤسسة لهذه الجامعة العربية.
وأضاف مقدسي.. نأسف لانحدار الجامعة العربية إلى هذا المستوى اللاأخلاقي في التعاطي مع دولة مؤسسة لها.. وعوضاً عن مساعدة سورية فهم يؤزمون الموقف أكثر وأكثر وبخصوص موضوع التنحي وهذه الأمور نقول للجامعة العربية وللجميع أن الشعب السوري هو سيد قرار نفسه وهو من يقرر مصير حكومات ورؤساء وما إلى ذلك.. هو من يجتمع على طاولة حوار وطنية.. نحن نلتزم بما يصدر عن هذه الطاولة من نتائج فالشعب السوري هو وحده صاحب القرار والفيصل صندوق الانتخابات الذى يتفق عليه في طاولة حوار وطنية همها الأول مصلحة سورية وليس مصلحة الآخرين.
وأكد مقدسي أنه لو كانت هذه الدول العربية حريصة وصادقة فى وقف سفك الدم السوري كما يدعون لكان الأجدر بهم أن يكفوا عن التسليح والاستضافة المعلنة والتحريض الإعلامي الممنهج ضد سورية والذي لا يؤدي إلى تجاوز الأزمة بالطرق السلمية موضحاً أن كل هذا الحرص الذى يدعونه عار عن الصحة ودليل نفاق.
وحول تصريحات السفير الروسى فى باريس بشأن تغيير السلطة في سورية قال مقدسي.. إن الشعب السورى هو سيد نفسه وهو من يقرر.. ومن يوضح كلام السفير الروسي هو نفسه وليس الخارجية السورية ونحن نقول وافقنا على عملية سياسية ضمن خطة عنان التى وافقت عليها دول مجلس الأمن الدولي بالاجماع كما رحبنا بإيجابيات بيان جنيف وكل ذلك يتحدث عن عملية سياسية تقودها سورية والسوريون ونحن موافقون عليها وما يتفق عليه السوريون سنلتزم به لكن ليس ما يتفق عليه الغرب.
وأكد مقدسى رداً على سؤال حول اللغط بشأن قرار مجلس الأمن الدولي الأخير حول تمديد مهمة المراقبين الدوليين أن سورية لم تطلب بعثة عنان أساساً والمجتمع الدولى أراد كما ادعى مساعدة سورية حيث تم سابقاً إرسال بعثة مراقبة عربية أفشلوها ولم تفشلها سورية ثم صوتوا على البعثة الدولية الحالية التي نتمنى لها النجاح لافتاً إلى أن تغيير وتعديل مهمة هذه البعثة هو أمر عائد لمجلس الأمن وأن سورية ملتزمة بشكل تام بانجاح خطة عنان وتذليل أي عقبات تواجهها موضحاً أن العقبات التى تواجه تنفيذ هذه الخطة ليست من قبل سورية بل من قبل من يمول ويسلح ويستضيف ومن يتحدث عن أسلحة دمار شامل ويمهد لرأى عام لأمور لن تحدث.
ورداً على سؤال حول التصعيد السياسى الخارجي المتزامن مع الزيارة المرتقبة لوزير الدفاع الامريكى الى اسرائيل من أجل إجراء مباحثات بشأن امكانية استهداف اسرائيل لمواقع تواجد الأسلحة السورية قال مقدسي.. إنني لا أعلم ما هى أجندة الزيارة ولكن بالتأكيد ليست خيراً فعندما يزور مسؤول أمريكي إسرائيل بهذه الظروف فهى زيارة تنسيقية الطابع.. لكن اذا أردت أن أحسم ما هو جدول الاعمال فلا أعرف وهناك حملة إعلامية سياسية هم يقودونها ونحن نقول اننا بحالة الدفاع عن النفس.
وبشأن احتمال وقوع حرب شاملة فى المنطقة فى حال قيام اسرائيل بتوجيه ضربة عسكرية لسورية قال المقدسي.. لا تسالوا دبلوماسياً عن خيار حرب.. فأنا لا أتحدث عن حرب وانشاء الله لن تحدث.
وقال مقدسى بشأن موضوع ظهور هسام هسام الشاهد فى قضية اغتيال رئيس وزراء لبنان الاسبق رفيق الحريرى فى شريط فيديو بثته قنوات فضائية امس والذى تحدث خلاله عن امتلاكه مفاجات بشأن القضية “إنني شاهدت شريط اليوتيوب كما حضره الجميع ففى اول الشريط يقول القينا القبض عليه وفى داخل الشريط يقول جئت إليكم.. واحترنا جئت اليكم ام القينا القبض عليه.. وبنهاية المطاف قال هسام إن هناك مفاجات ونحن لا نود أن نفسد المفاجأة وسننتظر ونسمع هذه المفاجات”.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s